Terms & Conditions
UAsoft is an app providing a platform which facilitates users (hereinafter singular 'User' and plural 'Users') to show, browse, sell and buy military artifacts and collectibles. It also enables Users to follow other Users, exchange information about the artifacts and connect with contacts from e.g. social media.
Our address is Drosselvej 6, 6440 Augustenborg, Denmark and the app is owned by UAsoft. UAsoft can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
These general terms and conditions (hereinafter referred to ass "Terms") apply between UAsoft and the User for all use of the UAsoft app. By using the functionalities of the UAsoft app the User agrees with the terms and conditions described in these Terms. The Terms may be amended from time to time by us. If you do not agree with the Terms, you may not use the platform.
Scope of terms
When registering by filling out the form, the User provide us with certain information, including email, password, username, name, profile picture, country of origin and preferred language.
When registering and signing in via third-party application login (such as Facebook), and the User authorize us to access certain account information from that third-party application, such as basic profile information; name, profile picture, e-mail address (optional), current city (optional).
Some of this information will never be made public, such as password. Other information can be either hidden by default (email address, country of origin) or public by default (name and profile picture).
Geolocation will not be disclosed, but the User have the possibility to add a geotag when posting an object or artifact for sale. The User can manage the visibility of this information under Profile Settings.
Users with a registered profile account will be introduced to the information (pictures and text) shown by other users and enabled to contact other users via public or private exchange of information about the artifacts and collectibles on show.
The platform is intended for use by adults of legal trading age in the jurisdiction in which you reside. If we receive notice or reasonably believe that someone under the legal trading age has provided us with personal information, we will promptly delete the account and all personal information that has been provided to us.
UAsoft's responsibilities as platform provider
UAsoft is only providing the platform as a service to enable Users to show and talk about secondhand military artifacts and collectibles and to trade the artifacts and collectibles through private transactions.
Hence UAsoft is not responsible for the use of the platform nor for the content posted on the platform or traded by the Users. UAsoft is not responsible for or obliged to handle trades disputes between buyer and seller.
UAsoft is a platform provider only, and we are not obliged to provide any background check or qualification and no approval procedure, system or process towards the Users and/or the content of the platform.
In no event shall UAsoft be liable (directly or indirectly) for any losses and damages resulting from communications or private transactions between Users and with possible third-party vendors.
Terms of private transactions
Private transactions are transactions taking place between you and other users on UAsoft, in which you can sell and buy items to and from other users by agreeing to a transaction, either in writing or otherwise. In such transactions, UAsoft is not a contractual party, and UAsoft thus exclusively acts as a platform provider. For all private transactions, legislation in your country of residence applies.
The contractual terms and conditions applicable between buyer and seller in connection with a transaction, are those specified by the seller, either in writing or otherwise. The obligation to notify the buyer of these terms and conditions is borne by the seller and not UAsoft.
UAsoft does not control nor are responsible for the quality, safety or legality of the content posted by Users on the platform, whether an item description is true or accurate, whether the seller has the will and ability to deliver and sell items or whether the buyer has the will and ability to pay for items.
If actions which violate the law or is otherwise in violation of the obligations of Users under these Terms occur in relation to the use of the platform, UAsoft may not be held responsible.
The purpose of the UAsoft app is only to provide a platform for showing and talking about secondhand military artifacts and collectibles and for trading the artifacts and collectibles through private transactions. Trading of weapons of any kind as well as illegal items (including stolen goods and defamatory material, under applicable legislation in your country of residence) is not allowed.
It is always the Users responsibility to report the taxable income from trades agreed to on the UAsoft platform to the local tax authorities. It is thus not UAsoft's responsibility to report a user to the tax authorities, and UAsoft cannot be held liable in relation to the tax issues of a user.
All copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights to and regarding UAsoft's platform and services are owned by UAsoft. You may not make use of these intellectual property rights or UAsoft's services except to the extent necessary to perform transactions in the manner provided for in this agreement.
Terms for pictures and other posted content When you add pictures or other types of content to your profile account on UAsoft, it is your responsibility as a User to guarantee that the pictures belong to you and the content do not violate copyright laws, applicable legislation in your country of residence, the rights of others or these Terms.
Moreover, you agree that: a) UAsoft is entitled to use the pictures or other postet content in other commercial contexts, including for use in UAsoft newsletters and ads on social media, eg Facebook and Instagram, b) your original posted content information related to an item may be used by other Users for e.g. future reposting or reselling of the item.
As the items shown and traded on UAsoft's platform are military artifacts and collectibles, some items may be decorated with symbols, which may by some be perceived as offensive, such as the swastika symbol. In cases where these kinds of symbols appears in posted content as part of the decoration of a historical artifact, UAsoft allows content that contain these kinds of symbols. We do however not allow content containing these kinds of symbols, if the content is posted with any other intentions than showing, trading or exchanging information about an historical military artifact in a respectful and non-offensive manner.
UAsoft reserves the right to suspend or terminate a user's account, if a picture or other types of content posted by a User appears to be in violation with these Terms.
On the UAsoft platform, it is not allowed to post content with pictures or descriptions of illegal items, including stolen goods and defamatory material, under applicable legislation in your country of residence. Moreover, it is not allowed to post content containing pictures or descriptions of weapons or explosives of any kind nor if these are out of order or defective.
The following list of content may not be postet on UAsoft:
· Content containing pictures or descriptions of working or defective weapons or explosives of any kind.
· Content containing pictures or descriptions which UAsoft finds to be untrustworthy, offensive, or that are otherwise deemed inappropriate.
· Content containing pictures or descriptions of items, equipment or material that violates copyrights, other intellectual property rights or applicable legislation in general.
· Content containing pictures or descriptions of Counterfeit copies.
· Content containing pictures or descriptions of items with potential adverse health effects.
· Content containing pictures or descriptions of buying goods for resale (UAsoft reserve the right to ask for documentation that goods have been purchased for private use and not for resale, if this is suspected).
The User's obligations
The User must at all times:Provide UAsoft with correct account information of name, address and e-mail address, etc.
Respect and comply with these Terms.
Avoid posting personal data concerning itself or other, including especially special categories of data (such as information about a person's health, addictions or allergies) or transmitting any content that is offensive, inappropriate or illegal, or otherwise in conflict with these Terms.
Avoid posting any content that infringes or violates another person's rights (including intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity).
Comply with UAsoft's standards for good conduct and tone of voice
Standards for good conduct and tone of voice
Users of the UAsoft must at all times live up to UAsoft's standards for good conduct and tone of voice. In general complying with these standards means to maintain a respectful tone and conduct in all communication and interactions on or related to the platform. Hate speech or other forms of condescending or disrespectful behavior is not tolerated.
UAsoft reserves the right to terminate a User's account, if the User does not comply with the standards for good conduct and tone of voice.
Content that does not comply with these standards includes, but are not limited to, the following:
· Content targeting a person or group of people (including all subsets except those described as having carried out violent crimes or sexual offences) on the basis of their aforementioned protected characteristic(s) or immigration status with:
o Violent speech or support in written or visual form.
o Dehumanising speech or imagery in the form of comparisons, generalisations or unqualified behavioural statements (in written or visual form) to or about:
· Animals that are culturally perceived as intellectually or physically inferior
· Filth, bacteria, disease and faeces
· Sexual predator
· Violent and sexual criminals
· Other criminals (including but not limited to "thieves", "bank robbers" or saying "All [protected characteristic or quasi-protected characteristic] are 'criminals'")
· Statements denying existence
o Mocking the concept, events or victims of hate crimes, even if no real person is depicted in an image
o Designated dehumanising comparisons, generalisations or behavioural statements (in written or visual form) that include:
· Black people and apes or ape-like creatures
· Black people and farm equipment
· Caricatures of Black people in the form of blackface
· Jewish people and rats
· Jewish people running the world or controlling major institutions such as media networks, the economy or the government
· Muslim people and pigs
· Muslim person and sexual relations with goats or pigs
· Mexican people and worm-like creatures
· Women as household objects or referring to women as property or "objects"
· Transgender or non-binary people referred to as "it"
· Content targeting a person or group of people on the basis of their protected characteristic(s) with:
o Generalisations that state inferiority (in written or visual form) in the following ways:
· Physical deficiencies are defined as those about:
· Hygiene, including, but not limited to: filthy, dirty, smelly
· Physical appearance, including, but not limited to: ugly, hideous
· Mental deficiencies are defined as those about:
· Intellectual capacity, including, but not limited to: dumb, stupid, idiots
· Education, including, but not limited to: illiterate, uneducated
· Mental health, including, but not limited to: mentally ill, retarded, crazy, insane
· Moral deficiencies are defined as those about:
· Character traits culturally perceived as negative, including but not limited to: coward, liar, arrogant, ignorant
· Derogatory terms related to sexual activity, including, but not limited to: whore, slut, perverts
o Other statements of inferiority, which we define as:
· Expressions about being less than adequate, including, but not limited to: worthless, useless
· Expressions about being better/worse than another protected characteristic, including, but not limited to: "I believe that males are superior to females."
· Expressions about deviating from the norm, including, but not limited to: freaks, abnormal
o Expressions of contempt (in written or visual form), which we define as:
· Self-admission to intolerance on the basis of protected characteristics, including, but not limited to: homophobic, islamophobic, racist
· Expressions that a protected characteristic shouldn't exist
· Expressions of hate, including, but not limited to: despise, hate
o Expressions of dismissal, including, but not limited to: don't respect, don't like, don't care for
o Expressions of disgust (in written or visual form), which we define as:
· Expressions suggesting that the target causes sickness, including, but not limited to: vomit, throw up
· Expressions of repulsion or distaste, including, but not limited to: vile, disgusting, yuck
o Cursing, defined as:
· Referring to the target as genitalia or anus, including, but not limited to: cunt, dick, asshole
· Profane terms or phrases with the intent to insult, including, but not limited to: fuck, bitch, motherfucker
· Terms or phrases calling for engagement in sexual activity, or contact with genitalia, anus, faeces or urine, including but not limited to: suck my dick, kiss my ass, eat shit
· Content targeting a person or group of people on the basis of their protected characteristic(s) with any of the following:
o Calls for segregation
o Explicit exclusion, which includes, but is not limited to, "expel" or "not allowed".
o Political exclusion defined as denial of right to political participation.
o Economic exclusion defined as denial of access to economic entitlements and limiting participation in the labour market,
o Social exclusion defined as including, but not limited to, denial of opportunity to gain access to spaces (incl. online) and social services.
We do allow criticism of immigration policies and arguments for restricting those policies.
· Content that describes or negatively targets people with slurs, where slurs are defined as words commonly used as insulting labels for the above-listed characteristics.
Platform functionalities, accessibility and support
In order to gain access to the platform, the User has to sign up and register as a User by creating a user profile. The User is solely responsible for any content, pictures and information made available on the platform. The User solely is responsible for all interactions or agreements with other Users or other third-party vendors in connection with the platform.
UAsoft cannot guarantee that it is possible to access the platform at all times, as the servers may be unavailable. This may include either a planned temporary shutdown or a technical breakdown, and UAsoft cannot be held responsible for the lack of access that users may experience.
The User is responsible for installing any available updates to the app. UAsoft have no responsibility for incidents due to missing updates.
UAsoft do not provide warranty of any kind unless specificly stated. Third-party terms may include applicable disclaimers.
UAsoft underlines that it offers no warranty, explicit or implied, regarding accuracy or truth of any content or information posted by Users on the platform.
Due to the nature of the services provided no liability incurs with UAsoft, as any potential liability lies with the Users.
UAsoft may not be liable to Users or any third party for any indirect damages or consequential damages, for loss of data, profits, income or business, how it might have been caused (whether due to negligence or breach of this agreement or otherwise) even though such loss or damage could have been foreseen by UAsoft or if UAsoft had been made aware of the possibility of potential damage.
UAsoft is not responsible for non-compliance with our obligations under this agreement due to factors beyond the control of UAsoft.
Duration and Termination
These Terms are in force for as long as the Users account is active. UAsoft is entitled to terminate a user account immediately if the User violates the regulations of these Terms.
UAsoft's rights to user content shall not be affected by the termination of the Terms or a user account.
These Terms apply until they are replaced by new ones. These Terms may from time to time be changed by UAsoft. Users are bound by any changes to the Terms when using the platform after the changes have been posted.
If a clause in the Terms is not enforceable, the unenforceability of that clause will not affect any other sections of the Terms.
Law and venue
These Terms and any disputes arising hereof, or other disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with the use of the platform shall be settled in accordance with Danish law by the Court of Sønderborg, Denmark.